We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm in MSI to discuss 5 random astrophysics papers.
1. HelioLinC: A Novel Approach to the Minor Planet Linking Problem Holman, Matthew J., Payne, Matthew J., Blankley, Paul, Janssen, Ryan, Kuindersma, Scott, 2018, The Astronomical Journal
2. The optical properties of dust: the effects of composition, size, and structure Ysard, N., Jones, A. P., Demyk, K., Boutéraon, T., Koehler, M., 2018, Astronomy and Astrophysics
3. Relativistic Tidal Disruption and Nuclear Ignition of White Dwarf Stars by Intermediate-mass Black Holes Anninos, Peter, Fragile, P. Chris, Olivier, Samuel S., Hoffman, Robert, Mishra, Bhupendra, Camarda, Karen, 2018, The Astrophysical Journal
4. Possible Counterrotation between the Disk and Protostellar Envelope around the Class I Protostar IRAS 04169+2702 Takakuwa, Shigehisa, Tsukamoto, Yusuke, Saigo, Kazuya, Saito, Masao, 2018, The Astrophysical Journal
5. Direct collapse to supermassive black hole seeds with radiation transfer: cosmological haloes Ardaneh, Kazem, Luo, Yang, Shlosman, Isaac, Nagamine, Kentaro, Wise, John H., Begelman, Mitchell C., 2018, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
Selected on Thursday, 25 October 2018 from a total of 849 papers published last month in ApJ, AJ, MNRAS and A&A.