We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm in MSI to discuss 5 random astrophysics papers.
1. Optical and ultraviolet spectroscopic analysis of SN 2011fe at late times Friesen, Brian, Baron, E., Parrent, Jerod T., Thomas, R. C., Branch, David, Nugent, Peter E., Hauschildt, Peter H., Foley, Ryan J., Wright, Darryl E., Pan, Yen-Chen, Filippenko, Alexei V., Clubb, Kelsey I., Silverman, Jeffrey M., Maeda, Keiichi, Shivvers, Isaac, Kelly, Patrick L., Cohen, Daniel P., Rest, Armin, Kasen, Daniel, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
2. Comparison of acoustic travel-time measurements of solar meridional circulation from SDO/HMI and SOHO/MDI Liang, Zhi-Chao, Birch, Aaron C., Duvall, Thomas L., Jr., Gizon, Laurent, Schou, Jesper, 2017, Astronomy and Astrophysics
3. Unveiling slim accretion disc in AGN through X-ray and Infrared observations Castelló-Mor, Núria, Kaspi, Shai, Netzer, Hagai, Du, Pu, Hu, Chen, Ho, Luis C., Bai, Jin-Ming, Bian, Wei-Hao, Yuan, Ye-Fei, Wang, Jian-Min, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
4. Cosmic phylogeny: reconstructing the chemical history of the solar neighbourhood with an evolutionary tree Jofré, Paula, Das, Payel, Bertranpetit, Jaume, Foley, Robert, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
5. Type Ib and IIb Supernova Progenitors in Interacting Binary Systems Yoon, Sung-Chul, Dessart, Luc, Clocchiatti, Alejandro, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
Selected on Thursday, 8 June 2017 from a total of 677 papers published last month in ApJ, AJ, MNRAS and A&A.