We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm in MSI to discuss 5 random astrophysics papers.
1. Twisted magnetosphere with quadrupolar fields in the exterior of a neutron star Kojima, Yasufumi, 2018, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
2. Spectral variation of suprathermal protons associated with stream interaction regions: STEREO A/PLASTIC observations Yu, J., Berger, L., Drews, C., Wimmer-Schweingruber, R., Taut, A., 2018, Astronomy and Astrophysics
3. Globular Clusters in a Cosmological N-body Simulation Carlberg, Raymond G., 2018, The Astrophysical Journal
4. A quantitative spectral analysis of 14 hypervelocity stars from the MMT survey Irrgang, A., Kreuzer, S., Heber, U., Brown, W., 2018, Astronomy and Astrophysics
5. Structure of X-ray emitting jets close to the launching site: from embedded to disk-bearing sources Ustamujic, S., Orlando, S., Bonito, R., Miceli, M., Gómez de Castro, A. I., 2018, Astronomy and Astrophysics
Selected on Thursday, 30 August 2018 from a total of 823 papers published last month in ApJ, AJ, MNRAS and A&A.