We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm to discuss 5 astrophysics papers chosen at random from papers published in the last month in ApJ, MNRAS, or A&A.
1. The Effect of Corner Modes in the Initial Conditions of Cosmological Simulations Falck, B., McCullagh, N., Neyrinck, M. C., Wang, J., Szalay, A. S., 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
2. Turbulence and particle acceleration in giant radio haloes: the origin of seed electrons Pinzke, Anders, Oh, S. Peng, Pfrommer, Christoph, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
3. Consequences of a strong phase transition in the dense matter equation of state for the rotational evolution of neutron stars Bejger, M., Blaschke, D., Haensel, P., Zdunik, J. L., Fortin, M., 2017, Astronomy and Astrophysics
4. Probing Large Galaxy Halos at Z ∼ 0 with Automated Lyα-absorption Matching French, David M., Wakker, Bart P., 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
5. High-resolution X-Ray Spectroscopy of the Seyfert 1 Galaxy Mrk 1040. Revealing the Failed Nuclear Wind with Chandra Reeves, J. N., Braito, V., Behar, E., Fischer, T. C., Kraemer, S. B., Lobban, A., Nardini, E., Porquet, D., Turner, T. J., 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
Selected on Thursday, 6 April 2017 from a total of 581 papers.