We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm in MSI to discuss 5 random astrophysics papers.
1. Probing the Intergalactic Medium with Lyα and 21 cm Fluctuations Heneka, Caroline, Cooray, Asantha, Feng, Chang, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
2. Eccentricity excitation and merging of planetary embryos heated by pebble accretion Chrenko, O., Brož, M., Lambrechts, M., 2017, Astronomy and Astrophysics
3. Estimating inelastic heavy-particle-hydrogen collision data. I. Simplified model and application to potassium-hydrogen collisions Belyaev, Andrey K., Yakovleva, Svetlana A., 2017, Astronomy and Astrophysics
4. Exploring the Efficacy and Limitations of Shock-cooling Models: New Analysis of Type II Supernovae Observed by the Kepler Mission Rubin, Adam, Gal-Yam, Avishay, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
5. The Cluster-EAGLE project: global properties of simulated clusters with resolved galaxies Barnes, David J., Kay, Scott T., Bahé, Yannick M., Dalla Vecchia, Claudio, McCarthy, Ian G., Schaye, Joop, Bower, Richard G., Jenkins, Adrian, Thomas, Peter A., Schaller, Matthieu, Crain, Robert A., Theuns, Tom, White, Simon D. M., 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
Selected on Thursday, 16 November 2017 from a total of 697 papers published last month in ApJ, AJ, MNRAS and A&A.