We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm in MSI to discuss 5 random astrophysics papers.
1. Resonant structure, formation and stability of the planetary system HD155358 Silburt, Ari, Rein, Hanno, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
2. Discovery of a Protocluster Associated with a Lyα Blob Pair at z = 2.3 Bădescu, Toma, Yang, Yujin, Bertoldi, Frank, Zabludoff, Ann, Karim, Alexander, Magnelli, Benjamin, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
3. Dust Properties of C ii Detected z ̃ 5.5 Galaxies: New HST/WFC3 Near-IR Observations Barisic, I., Faisst, A. L., Capak, P. L., Pavesi, R., Riechers, D. A., Scoville, N. Z., Cooke, K., Kartaltepe, J. S., Casey, C. M., Smolcic, V., 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
4. The Initial Mass Function in the Nearest Strong Lenses from SNELLS: Assessing the Consistency of Lensing, Dynamical, and Spectroscopic Constraints Newman, Andrew B., Smith, Russell J., Conroy, Charlie, Villaume, Alexa, van Dokkum, Pieter, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
5. How does the grouping scheme affect the Wiener Filter reconstruction of the local Universe? Sorce, Jenny G., Tempel, Elmo, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
Selected on Thursday, 14 September 2017 from a total of 707 papers published last month in ApJ, AJ, MNRAS and A&A.