We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm in MSI to discuss 5 random astrophysics papers.
1. Rotating stellar populations in the Fornax dSph galaxy del Pino, Andrés, Aparicio, Antonio, Hidalgo, Sebastian L., Łokas, Ewa L., 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
2. Discovery of a fourth arc in Abell 2626 at 610 MHz with the GMRT: spectral properties and possibilities for the origin Kale, Ruta, Gitti, Myriam, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
3. H0LiCOW. VI. Testing the fidelity of lensed quasar host galaxy reconstruction Ding, Xuheng, Liao, Kai, Treu, Tommaso, Suyu, Sherry H., Chen, Geoff C. -F., Auger, Matthew W., Marshall, Philip J., Agnello, Adriano, Courbin, Frederic, Nierenberg, Anna M., Rusu, Cristian E., Sluse, Dominique, Sonnenfeld, Alessandro, Wong, Kenneth C., 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
4. Polarimetric survey of main-belt asteroids. V. The unusual polarimetric behavior of V-type asteroids Gil-Hutton, R., López-Sisterna, C., Calandra, M. F., 2017, Astronomy and Astrophysics
5. Searching for Magnetar-powered Merger-novae from Short GRBS Gao, He, Zhang, Bing, Lü, Hou-Jun, Li, Ye, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
Selected on Thursday, 27 April 2017 from a total of 680 papers published last month in ApJ, AJ, MNRAS and A&A.