We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm in MSI to discuss 5 random astrophysics papers.
1. High Dense Gas Fraction in a Gas-rich Star-forming Galaxy at z = 1.2 Gowardhan, Avani, Riechers, Dominik A., Daddi, Emanuele, Pavesi, Riccardo, Dannerbauer, Helmut, Carilli, Chris, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
2. Temporary Capture of Asteroids by an Eccentric Planet Higuchi, A., Ida, S., 2017, The Astronomical Journal
3. Save the Planet, Feed the Star: How Super-Earths Survive Migration and Drive Disk Accretion Fung, Jeffrey, Chiang, Eugene, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
4. Two W-subtype contact binaries: GQ Boo and V1367 Tau Zhang, Jia, Qian, Sheng-Bang, Han, Zhong-Tao, Wu, Yue, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
5. A Search for Lost Planets in the Kepler Multi-planet Systems and the Discovery of the Long-period, Neptune-sized Exoplanet Kepler-150 f Schmitt, Joseph R., Jenkins, Jon M., Fischer, Debra A., 2017, The Astronomical Journal
Selected on Thursday, 18 May 2017 from a total of 770 papers published last month in ApJ, AJ, MNRAS and A&A.