We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm to discuss 5 astrophysics papers chosen at random from papers published in the last month in ApJ, MNRAS, or A&A.
1. Dynamics of the photosphere along the solar cycle from SDO/HMI Roudier, Th., Malherbe, J. M., Mirouh, G. M., 2017, Astronomy and Astrophysics
2. Little evidence for entropy and energy excess beyond r500 - an end to ICM pre-heating? Iqbal, Asif, Majumdar, Subhabrata, Nath, Biman B., Ettori, Stefano, Eckert, Dominique, Malik, Manzoor A., 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
3. A two-fluid model for black-hole accretion flows: particle acceleration and disc structure Lee, Jason P., Becker, Peter A., 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
4. Giant clumps in the FIRE simulations: a case study of a massive high-redshift galaxy Oklopčić, Antonija, Hopkins, Philip F., Feldmann, Robert, Kereš, Dušan, Faucher-Giguère, Claude-André, Murray, Norman, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
5. The Planetary Accretion Shock. I. Framework for Radiation-hydrodynamical Simulations and First Results Marleau, Gabriel-Dominique, Klahr, Hubert, Kuiper, Rolf, Mordasini, Christoph, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
Selected on Thursday, 23 March 2017 from a total of 861 papers.