We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm to discuss 5 astrophysics papers chosen at random from papers published in the last month in ApJ, MNRAS, or A&A.
1. A generalized Bayesian inference method for constraining the interiors of super Earths and sub-Neptunes Dorn, Caroline, Venturini, Julia, Khan, Amir, Heng, Kevin, Alibert, Yann, Helled, Ravit, Rivoldini, Attilio, Benz, Willy, 2017, Astronomy and Astrophysics
2. Assessment of different sunspot number series using the cosmogenic isotope 44Ti in meteorites Asvestari, Eleanna, Usoskin, Ilya G., Kovaltsov, Gennady A., Owens, Mathew J., Krivova, Natalie A., Rubinetti, Sara, Taricco, Carla, 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
3. Globular Cluster Systems in Brightest Cluster Galaxies. III: Beyond Bimodality Harris, William E., Ciccone, Stephanie M., Eadie, Gwendolyn M., Gnedin, Oleg Y., Geisler, Douglas, Rothberg, Barry, Bailin, Jeremy, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
4. The Unusually High Halo Concentration of the Fossil Group NGC 6482: Evidence for Weak Adiabatic Contraction Buote, David A., 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
5. Astrophysical Prior Information and Gravitational-wave Parameter Estimation Pankow, Chris, Sampson, Laura, Perri, Leah, Chase, Eve, Coughlin, Scott, Zevin, Michael, Kalogera, Vassiliki, 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
Selected on Thursday, 23 February 2017 from a total of 1086 papers.