We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm in MSI to discuss 5 random astrophysics papers.
1. A spectroscopic study of the open cluster NGC 6250 Martin, A. J., Stift, M. J., Fossati, L., Bagnulo, S., Scalia, C., Leone, F., Smalley, B., 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
2. Predictions for the Detection and Characterization of a Population of Free-floating Planets with K2 Campaign 9 Penny, Matthew T., Rattenbury, Nicholas J., Gaudi, B. Scott, Kerins, Eamonn, 2017, The Astronomical Journal
3. Testing the Accuracy of Data-driven MHD Simulations of Active Region Evolution Leake, James E., Linton, Mark G., Schuck, Peter W., 2017, The Astrophysical Journal
4. X-ray-emitting active galactic nuclei from z = 0.6 to 1.3 in the intermediate- and high-density environments of the ORELSE survey Rumbaugh, N., Lemaux, B. C., Tomczak, A., Kocevski, D. D., Lubin, L. M., Wu, P. -F., Gal, R. R., Shen, L., Mansheim, A., Fassnacht, C. D., Squires, G. K., 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
5. Wavelet reconstruction of E and B modes for CMB polarization and cosmic shear analyses Leistedt, Boris, McEwen, Jason D., Büttner, Martin, Peiris, Hiranya V., 2017, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
Selected on Thursday, 4 May 2017 from a total of 652 papers published last month in ApJ, AJ, MNRAS and A&A.