We meet every Wednesday at 3.30pm in MSI to discuss 5 random astrophysics papers.
1. Forming Mercury by Giant Impacts Chau, Alice, Reinhardt, Christian, Helled, Ravit, Stadel, Joachim, 2018, The Astrophysical Journal
2. Interposing a varying gravitational constant between modified Newtonian dynamics and weak Weyl gravity Christodoulou, Dimitris M., Kazanas, Demosthenes, 2018, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
3. A method to calculate gravitational accelerations within discrete localised regions in the Milky Way Kipper, Rain, Tempel, Elmo, Tenjes, Peeter, 2018, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
4. Chemical abundance analysis of red giant branch stars in the globular cluster E3 Monaco, L., Villanova, S., Carraro, G., Mucciarelli, A., Moni Bidin, C., 2018, Astronomy and Astrophysics
5. GHASP: an Hα kinematics survey of spiral galaxies - XII. Distribution of luminous and dark matter in spiral and irregular nearby galaxies using Rc-band photometry Korsaga, M., Amram, P., Carignan, C., Epinat, B., 2018, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
Selected on Thursday, 18 October 2018 from a total of 866 papers published last month in ApJ, AJ, MNRAS and A&A.